Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yelp! 1.6 miles away

I went to eat with the family yesterday at the Red Geranium.  I thought it would be a good time to try the updated Yelp app on my iPhone.  Sitting in the restaurant and trying to check in with Yelp, I was informed that I was 1.6 miles away from the Red Geranium.  So I restarted my phone to give the Yelp app a fair chance to locate me and....... same result, 1.6 miles away.  I verified the address was correct, and google maps put me exactly on the mark.  It looks like Yelp is trying to put the game aspect into reviews, but without accuracy it will be very difficult to get good results.  It's a great concept and I think it could work with some tweaks and would be great if they could integrate with foursquare.

Tags: foursquare, Yelp, MattsLens, Red Geranium

No comments:

Post a Comment